We appreciate the heartfelt love of our Parishioners in donating to our collection. However, in order to ensure that the Library develops in an organized and efficient fashion, please keep in mind the following recommendations when considering donating to the Library:
- The Library plans on developing along a Strategic Plan developed by Subdeacon Michael Janakis for the completion of his Master of Library and Information Science degree. This Strategic Plan identifies user populations, strengths and weaknesses of the collection, the needs of the Parish and Library based on interviews with the clergy, and proposed guidelines for future development.
- While we appreciate all books on Orthodoxy, not all donations can be useful to the Library. Thus, not all donations will be added to the collection. We reserve the right to redistribute donated materials. Book donations that are not useful to the Library may be given to FOCUS Pittsburgh or another parish for their developing collections, or possibly sold as used books through the St. George Bookstore.
- It is acceptable and welcomed for the donor to ask for books that will not be added to the library to be returned to the donor.
- Monetary donations allow the Library to purchase books and other materials in synergy with the needs of the Parish and the Strategic Plan.
- A list of books and materials needed or desired by the Library is available on Amazon Wishlist.